This past week I’ve been busy whipping up a special order for an Eco conscious company in Ontario!
I was asked to make a few farm themed hand puppets and a couple of other eco themed items. I quickly jumped at the opportunity and started looking for patterns.
We landed on a farmer girl hand puppet, a rooster and raven puppet as well as a globe and a head of lettuce.
Having never made hand puppets before, this was really fun for me.
I could see myself making more of these in the future if the opportunity comes up again.
My favorite piece to make was the globe (however UN-geographically correct it may be!) and I learned a new technique of color work. It was also really fun seeing how cute the world is with a smile 🙂
I took a few creative liberties with the original patters, which worked out great in the end. The braids and a hat were added to the farmer girl and I created the red pieces for the rooster drawing from my inventory of crochet stitches that I know.
The lettuce turned out to be life sized which I thought was hilarious. I can picture the kids throwing this around like a football.
Overall this was a great commission project and I hope to have more like this in the future.
A friend of mine recently commissioned me to immortalize his 3 kitties in yarn form. It started about mid December and he asked if I could do it as a Christmas gift for his wife. My first thought was AHH it’s only 2 weeks until Christmas! So I committed to 1 for the Christmas gift and then I would knit the other 2 later since it was so close to Santa time. So then I set about searching for a pattern.
I started looking on Pinterest and Ravelry ( a knitter and crocheter pattern database) and nothing was sparking my interest but then I remembered I had bought this pattern from Mochimochi Land a couple years ago and thought it would be AWESOME for this because the pattern included 3 different sized cats.
I set to work on the middle cat Sammy first because he was the first of their brood. I busted him out in a couple weeks and saved Christmas! Just kidding I’m sure he had something else to give her if I didn’t meet my deadline.
Not gonna lie… Sammy ended up a little crooked cause I got confused with the pattern. He was my guinea pig kitty. But all worked out in the end. After Sammy came giant Flossy and then tiny Josie.
I learned a new stitch (duplicate stitch) when I was adding Flossy and Josie’s features, a little time consuming but I think it turned out great.
So without further ado, here they are in all their glory!